Understanding your paycheck
Global CI Paycheck and/or Direct Deposit Advice provides employees with a detailed Statement of Employee Earnings and Deductions. This Statement should be retained for your records and not discarded. The Statement is organized into the following sections: you may not see all of these on your check depending on your status.
- Employee Data:
- Status: Federal and State filing status
- Allowances: Federal and State exemptions
- Earnings and Hours: Listing of the Description and Gross Amount of Earnings Paid.
- Deductions From Gross: withholding you have authorized.
Taxes: Amount of current and year-to-date taxes withheld from your pay.
- These might include 401K, medical, dental, Life, HSA
Net Pay: Current Net Pay Distributions
Direct Deposit: Amount that will be credited into your account(s)
Paid Time Off: Current balances of leave
Non-Taxable Company Items: Global CI's contribution into 401k, health and life
- Social Security
- Local Taxes